Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Italy Arrival
Hey! Well I have finally arrived to Rome and all settled into my apartment and now getting to know my school. It is a very tiny campus (one two story building). It was pretty warm today compared to Switzerland. I think someone said 30°C which is like 95°F The wedding this weekend was also a lot of fun. For some of you who didn't know my second cousin Gerald got married this weekend. The wedding was in Laussane which was the French speaking area so we were totally lost in the language department, however there were couple of ladies that spoke English we weren't completely outsiders. The wedding was at 4-5 and then the reception that followed lasted from 5:30 till 2 am. I guess they know how to throw parties. lol It was lots of fun, we did a little dancing and lots of eating. After the wedding, Kristen and I boarded another train to Milan Italy where we stayed the night in a Best Western. It was nice but we had a little trouble finding the hotel because we left our itinerary papers at home with the confirmation number, oh and due to the fact that the first Best Western we went to said there are 5 in the city of Milan. So we found our hotel, got changed and roamed around the city. We took the Metro to Duamo which is “old town” where we walked around and looked at all the old buildings, a big castello (castle), and a park. Stopped to have dinner at a cute little pizzeria place while someone played an accordion behind us. Had gelato and headed back to the hotel for sleep. Today (Monday) woke up early, went to the airport, got a little confused, and then was picked up by the JCU reps at the airport where they brought me to fill out papers and take me to my apartment. At arrival to the apartment, my driver Monte basically pointed to the apartment building doors and said “Arrivaderci” and they drove off. Lol I think it was their way of getting us out of our comfort level and forcing us to find things on our own and solve our own problems because we will be doing it for the next 4 months. However at the time I didn’t know because I was the first to be dropped off and had no idea where I was going. However, an old Italian man, who I believe was telling me he owns/ runs the place helped me to the elevator with my bags. I arrived to my cute little apartment and unloaded my stuff while two to the girls Cassandra and Alex slept. My other roommate, Emily, who is in my room arrived couple hrs later and then we took our first venture to our campus. It was a good 1.1 miles from our apartment 1724 meters however it felt longer probably because of all the winding turning roads we were on, throws you all off. Anyways… this was only meant to be a short, “Hey I made it to my destination” email but ended up being a little longer. Talk to you later! Oh and I don’t have internet in my room so I’ll only be able to use skype during a limited time of day. My school closes at 10p.m. so that is 1 p.m. in California. P.S. my skype name is wcauzza so you have to put that in as the search item and then click to add me as a friend. Otherwise I won’t know if you have a skype and may not be able to find you. I do have my cell phone now for those of you who know it or want to call me it doesn’t cost ME anything to receive calls. 011 39 335-714-6462.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment